Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: 1215A building plans

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there. Has anyone ever come up with building plans for the Altec 1215A folded horn?
    I was wondering what they may have sounded like with 416B (or A) or 515B. I haven't read any specs as to the sensitivity or anything else that would be useful, even with a 421. Can anybody fill me in?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Yeah, IIRC they only have a ~41" pathlength.

    GM

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    1215A building plans


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    2 of them is much easier to move than a 210 forums

    They don't work too badly in a 4 stack (2x2).

    But if I were looking for home stereo I'd check newer cab designs.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    1215A building plans


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried for a while with no luck.

    The 1215A was superseded almost immediately by the 1215B, the only difference being widened for the newer frames. I owned a batch way back when, they worked well and were loud. The horn isn't much longer than a 210 horn, so they don't go much deeper.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all... I'm looking for subs for my SR system and home theatre. At home I have 5 model 19's and 2 8184 (I don't like the 8184's). For sound re-inforcement, my main system consists of 8 SS-817-R's loaded with 421's and 421-LF's, 8 288/291 driver on MR94-8 horns and 16 MR94HF tweeters.
    I'd post some pictures if I could. As yet, I don't know how. I can't even use a custom avatar because "custom" isn't on the list in the drop down menu. I follow instructions but, there is no "custom" listed. forums

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    I believe I've already addressed your sub Qs, so I'm waiting on you to do something with the info.

    'Custom' is available and in the instructions tells you to click on the word 'here' to take you to a browse link to get it off your computer. In the drop down menu, click on 'custom' to see it after uploading. If you see an A7 drawing as my avatar, then we know it works. forums

    For posting pics you'll have to load them on a website such as Photobucket and add the appropriate link to your post. If you see a frequency response sim in this message, then it works too. forums

    26

    If either doesn't, then it's my inability to follow instructions and not the system's fault. forums

    GM

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, I see the avatar on my 'profile' page, but not attached to my post. forums

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    ...........and now I do, I forgot to scroll down and click the 'update' button. forums

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi GM
    Custom' is available and in the instructions tells you to click on the word 'here' to take you to a browse link to get it off your computer.

    I FOLLOWED THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. IT SAYS MY PICTURE HAS BEEN UPLOADED BUT MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW IN THE LITTLE BOX SHOWING THE AVATAR PICTURE SELECTED. WHEN YOU LOAD YOUR PICTURE DO YOU SEE IT IN THE LITTLE SQUARE BEFORE YOU GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE? MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW AND WHEN I GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE THERE IS NO "CUSTOM". I WONDER IF IT'S BECAUSE I USE LINUX INSTEAD OF A WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM? I WOULDN'T THINK SO BECAUSE I UPLOAD A .JPG FILE.


    In the drop down menu, click on 'custom' to see it after uploading. If you see an A7 drawing as my avatar, then we know it works.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi GM
    Custom' is available and in the instructions tells you to click on the word 'here' to take you to a browse link to get it off your computer.

    I FOLLOWED THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. IT SAYS MY PICTURE HAS BEEN UPLOADED BUT MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW IN THE LITTLE BOX SHOWING THE AVATAR PICTURE SELECTED. WHEN YOU LOAD YOUR PICTURE DO YOU SEE IT IN THE LITTLE SQUARE BEFORE YOU GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE? MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW AND WHEN I GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE THERE IS NO "CUSTOM". I WONDER IF IT'S BECAUSE I USE LINUX INSTEAD OF A WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM? I WOULDN'T THINK SO BECAUSE I UPLOAD A .JPG FILE.


    In the drop down menu, click on 'custom' to see it after uploading. If you see an A7 drawing as my avatar, then we know it works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.